Watch our YouTube video on Do-It-Yourself Interlibrary Loans.
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Once you’re sure that The Blue Mountains Public Library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request it through our interlibrary loan service. To determine whether we already own the title, please search our online catalogue.
Users must have a valid library card and an interlibrary account created in the INFO system by our staff. Contact us by phone at 519-599-3681 ext 5 or email us at interlibraryloan@TheBlueMountains.ca to set up an interlibrary loan account.
- Go to http://info.vdxhost.com/
- Click on English or French.
- Select "Sign In" and enter your user ID.
- Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our interlibrary loan department).
- Choose "Blue Mountains Public Library" as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu.
- Click Submit.
Search for the item you want to request
- Select "Standard" or "Advanced" Search.
- Use “SOLS Bruce/Wellington/Peel (shared)” as your initial search under the "Current Profile drop down menu."
- Enter keywords from the title, and/or author.
- Select "Details" to verify this is the item you want. Please ensure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library.
- Select "Get it!" to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
- Click “Request” to submit.
- There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the "My Requests" link.
- Sign out when you are finished.
We will notify you by phone or email when your book arrives at The Blue Mountains Public Library, or if there are any issues with your request.
No matches from the first search?
If you are unable to find any results searching the “SOLS Bruce/Wellington/Peel (shared)” profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is “SOLS York/Muskoka (shared)”. If you have searched several profiles and still have no results contact us.
Canceling a request
You cannot cancel a request online. Please contact us.