The Blue Mountains Public Library offers wireless access to the internet for the public.
Wireless / mobile printing is also available. Send from anywhere. Pick up at the Library.
Members of the public who access the internet using the Library’s wireless service will be asked to accept and comply with the following:
- Before connecting to the Library's wireless network, users must ensure that their wireless device is fully protected with up-to-date security software.
- Use of the wireless service is at the User’s Sole Risk.
- The Blue Mountains Public Library is not liable for any loss, damage, security infringement or injury which the user, or the user’s devices, may sustain as a result of using the wireless network.
- The user is responsible for any actions taken from their device whether intentional or unintentional.
- The Library’s wireless network is not to be used for any illegal or activities including harassment, copyright violations, accessing or distributing pornographic materials.
- The Library may not be able to provide personal technical support to users attempting to access the service, nor does it guarantee specific rates of speed or uninterrupted service.
- Failure to abide by these policies may result in loss of access to the wireless network and/or other legal action.
The Library blocks malicious and potentially malicious websites that pose a threat to the security of our network:
- Sites that camouflage their true nature or identity, or that include elements suggesting latent malign intent.
- Sites found to be hosting known and potential exploit code.
- Spyware, Phishing and Other Frauds, Keyloggers, Potentially Unwanted Software, Bot Networks, Malicious Embedded Links, Mobile Malware and Advanced Malware Command and Control.
- There is no filtering of any type of information web page, provided the web page is not classified as belonging to the above categories.
- If you feel a website should not be blocked, please contact the Library to request access. Please include the URL (www.mywebsite.com).