Applying to Exhibit
Annual Exhibit Call
The Gallery at L.E. Shore offers up to 12 exhibits annually, each juried by the Arts & Culture Council (ACC). Exhibits generally open on the first Saturday of the month and close the last Thursday of the month. Dates of Openings can be found in the Event Calendar and Exhibits. During the pandemic we have shifted these opening dates and are not holding receptions. Some shows are in the Gallery only, while others are virtual on our website or a hybrid.
Monthly exhibits are a combination of invitational, open call, and salon show with annual schedules announced approximately one year in advance. We will be holding several calls in 2022 and information will be identified on this page: the February Salon Show, the Municipal Art Program, and 2023 Exhibit Call. These will be announced on this website, In the Gallery blog, and within our E-Newsletter. Please subscribe for additional information. Beginning in 2022 we will have all applications online only.
February Open Salon Show: APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Celebrating the Colours Black & White
The Arts and Culture Council (ACC) for The Gallery at L.E. Shore announces an open invitation, Salon Arts and Crafts exhibition. Every year the ACC hosts a salon show where artists may submit to hang in The Gallery. The 2023 Salon Show will open on Saturday, February 4th and run through Wednesday, March 1st with a theme of Celebrating the Colours Black & White. All art should meet this theme.
Applications are available for download or paper copies are available at The Gallery at L.E. Shore. Applications may be submitted anytime between now and Thursday, February 2 at 7:00pm by email to TheGallery@TheBlueMountains.ca or by dropping it off in person.
There is a $10 charge for the application which includes between 1 and 3 pieces. Only 1 application per artist will be accepted. Payment is processed at art drop off.
Please note that if space is limited, only 1 piece from each applicant is guaranteed a spot in the exhibit.
Art drop off:
All artwork must be delivered to The Gallery at L.E. Shore on February 2 between 10:00am and 7:00pm. If you cannot deliver on that day, you may contact TheGallery@TheBlueMountains.ca to see if special arrangements can be available.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for inclusion in this exhibit, each of which must meet the Conditions to Exhibit listed on our website.
- All art should meet the theme of this year’s salon show, and have primary colours of Black & White.
- All works must be available for purchase and The Gallery charges a 25% commission on all sales.
- Due to space allowances, the ACC can not guarantee all submitted pieces will be able to be hung but will do their best to have at least one piece represented from each applicant.
- Additional conditions and disclaimers are noted in the application, as well as in the Conditions to Exhibit.
Please contact TheGallery@TheBlueMountains.ca if you have any questions or require assistance.
Showcases, located along the entry to the L.E. Shore Branch and The Gallery are available for rent on a monthly basis to promote organizations, events and businesses. Displays may include saleable items. If items are for sale, a inventory list must be provided with prices.
The rental cost is $25 per month. The Library will take 25% commission for sales.
- Interior dimensions of cases are approximately 51” wide by 38” high by 12” deep.
- A cork background and bracket shelf system is installed in each case with glass shelves available.
- There is florescent lighting in the ceiling of each case.
- The case closes with glass doors that lock.
The Gallery at L.E. Shore - 2023 Applications CLOSED
The Gallery (Main Room) Applications
The Gallery at L.E. Shore is our main room and is a large open space. The Gallery is used for Library speaker series and other programs, so all materials must be able to be securely affixed to the walls. Pottery, jewelry, or other art forms may be considered for display in the Showcases and, when approved by the ACC as part of the annual exhibition plan, can be promoted as part of the monthly show.
Applications to exhibit in 2023 closd September 11, 2022.
For your application to be considered, submit the following to TheGallery@TheBlueMountains.ca by the publicized deadline:
- Completed Individual Artist Submission.
- If applying in a group, completed Group Gallery Application (by the lead applicant only).
- Images of a quality for publication (straight on, no shadows, of the image without people, no less than 150 dpi). Number your image files to match the application form numbering.
- Artist Biography (no more than 250 words).
- Artist Resume/CV including information on any previous exhibits.
If your submission is large, you may submit in more than one e-mail or by e-transfer software such as www.wetransfer.com or another free resource. Thumb drives (USB) are not accepted.
Municipal Arts Program
The Arts & Culture Council (ACC), on behalf of the Municipal Art Program (MAP), annually announces a Call to Artists for submissions for the coming year’s exhibition. This call closes annually on the last day of June. Regional visual artists are encouraged to apply for this annual juried art exhibition. All art must be wall mountable and available for sale. Selected art will be on exhibit at Town Hall for a period of 12 months beginning in August of each year. In the event of a piece being sold while on exhibit, the committee may co-ordinate to provide a juried selection to replace the sold piece.
How to Apply
- Pick 1-3 pieces to submit (this can be any medium).
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Send high quality photos of your submissions and a PDF of your application to MAP@TheBlueMountains.ca.
The Call for the 2022-2023 applications closed June 10, 2022. The exhibit launched August 31, 2022. This show is also available online via our MAP 2022-2023 webpage.
Criteria for Exhibition
While the ACC does not have set criteria for selection of artists and work to be shown in The Gallery at L.E. Shore, the following priorities have been established within the ACC Terms of Reference:
- exhibition of local artists
- a balance of exhibitions of emerging and established artists
- artists who have not shown in The Gallery within the previous year (excluding February Salon or Juried Shows)
- artists who are not showing in other local galleries within four months of planned L.E. Shore exhibit.
- artists who can demonstrate a connection to The Blue Mountains or Southern Georgian Bay region.
- all individual contracts follow the Condition of Exhibition.
Priority is given to artists for Showcases rentals, with first right of refusal given to those exhibiting in The Gallery at L.E. Shore.
Set priorities of the Town Hall exhibits can be found in the Municipal Art Program.
All individual contracts follow the Condition of Exhibition.